Interactive Media Designer
Interactive media Design ~ Digital Media Development ~ Graphic Design
Creative and energetic web designer with 10 years experience in web development and graphic design. Possesses a strong analytical mind and the “know-how” ability to deliver high quality work under aggressive timelines, complex constraints and pressure. Has full lifecycle experience in scoping, designing, developing, deploying and supporting enterprise-scale websites. A quick learner who is results-oriented, able to adapt, and integrate efficiently within various team dynamics, company cultures and environments.
- Art Direction/Creative Writing
- Microsite/Blog Development
- WordPress/CMS Development
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Email Campaign Development
- Information Architecture
- Graphic/Print Design
- Social Media Campaign Management
• Serves as webmaster for all of the Port Authority of NY & NJ’s facility websites which includes: JFK International Airport, LaGuardia Airport, Newark Liberty International Airport, Stewart International Airport, PATH, Port Authority Bus Terminals, the PATH, the World Trade Center, Holland Tunnel, Lincoln Tunnel, George Washington Bridge, Bayonne Bridge, Outerbridge Crossing, Geothals Bridge and all New York and New Jersey Ports.
• Continuously recommend/improve and modernize the facility websites to improve user experience for commuters and travelers in NYC
• Develop usability standards and design guidelines, develop wireframes, flowcharts, spec sheets and style guide documentation.
• Create HTML and motion-graphic prototypes to better demonstrate designs
• Participate in user centric A/B testing, interviewing customer service representatives, attending commuter chat feedback sessions to gain better insight into the Port Authority’s target audience. This includes creating personas, analytic reports, and gathering demographics reports.
• Design and maintain consistent, intuitive experiences across all desktop and mobile products by using mobile first methodologies
• Develop micro-sites and blogs to help gather public feedback on special projects being conducted at the Port Authority. These websites are built in WordPress
• Currently redeveloping and redesigning all Port Authority websites and moving them in OpenText CMS
• Developed a prototype of a mobile app design for daily commuters and travelers
• Front End U/I Designer for John Wiley & Son.
• Design and develop small business websites for dental professionals using WordPress. This includes the development of the user interface, information architecture and the development of site content.
• Guide clients in establishing and setup of domain names, hosting and email accounts.
• Develop branding guidelines, logos, business cards, brochures and any promotional products needed for clients to open for business.
• Develop and manage search engine optimization, Webmaster tools, and client social media campaigns and profiles.
• Train staff to maintain websites and interpreted their SEO metrics for future site improvements.
• Work with interior designers, sign makers and construction team to develop digital murals for windows, walls, and branded fixtures/interior design elements, signage/animated logo signs.
WEB DEVELOPMENT AND EMAIL CAMPAIGN CONSULTANT
• Contracted to aid in the redesign and maintenance of the new and legacy corporate website in Charles Schwab’s proprietary content management systems. Assigned as team leader to ensure project stayed on schedule. Successfully completed in 2012.
• Created email campaigns, e-newsletters, and microsites for various ongoing marketing campaigns throughout the company.
• Developed user interface design for mobile trading application.
• Mentored various staff and contract team members, leading to them being promoted or being hired on as permanent staff members.
• Programming Languages used: HTML5, CSS, HTML for Email Development.
INTERACTIVE MEDIA CONSULTANT
• Led team in the rebranding and redesign of the Green Mountain Energy corporate website. This included building the new website in the Joomla content management system. Successfully Completed in 2010.
• Trained content managers to update new corporate website.
• Developed and created email campaigns, e-newsletters, microsites, and blogs for business and residential channels of Green Mountain Energy.
• Designed and led implementation of all on-line marketing and branding initiatives; tracked and reported on metrics to senior leadership.
• Integrated Shopify and Paypal ecommerce platforms within the Green Mountain corporate website allowing customers to purchase Carbon Offsets online.
• Collaborated across organization to ensure site updates and requirements where prioritized and incorporated into website within deadlines; created wire frames and mockups for all new projects.
• Worked with Carbon Offset Team to develop joint branding campaigns for Smart Car give-away website and carbon offset video for music festival websites.
• Built Interactive Flash campaigns and blogs to improve company’s online profile.
INTERACTIVE MEDIA CONSULTANT
• Served as Art director and developer for various clients during website, microsite and online marketing campaign design and development.
• Responsibilities also included: email development, flash / rich media banner ads design and development, viral videos; link building plans to improve website rank.
• Clients included: ConocoPhillips, The Houston Chronicle, Stage Stores, Natural Museum of Science, Amegy Bank, Continental Airlines, Better Business Bureau, St. Luke’s and Methodist Hospitals, Landry’s Restaurant Chain and Brain Storm Institute.
• Won 2 American Advertising Federation Addy Awards, and 1 Houston Art Director’s Club Bronze medal in art direction for flash animated microsite campaign development.
WEB APPLICATION CONSULTANT
• Developed web application for a variety of clients: developed requirements, layouts, graphics; created websites and various digital media products.
• Key projects included:
– British Petroleum: Collaboration with team of 20 database administrators, programmers and project managers on development of critical tools portal used by employees in Gulf of Mexico; created requirements, layout, graphics, developed portal capabilities with SharePoint 2007; tested and provided on-going support.
– Software Management and Associates: Gathered content, established structure and launched company’s French website within strict deadlines; designed user interface following 508 requirements for new product and customer knowledge base; edited video, audio and photography for customer use; created SEO procedures and trained staff. Served as a user interface designer on the in house software development team during development of SMA’s job scheduling software.
WEB APPLICATION CONSULTANT
• Delivered exceptional web-based consulting services to clients; spearheaded corporate site and intranet development and launch in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders.
• Key projects included:
– BPMI GROUP: Served as user interface designer. Duties included: Documenting business and application development processes and merging them with the Rational Unified Process for rapid application development. This included prototyping and developing a web enabled Process library which was used as a resource for the commands application development team. Promoted from intern to full time contractor and served as mentor for junior personnel.
– ENTERPRISE CONTENT MANAGEMENT GROUP: Served as User Interface designer for the commands intranet. Duties included: Developing a hierarchical structure of the commands internal content and incorporating it into a content management system. Developed hi-fidelity prototypes for user testing and acted as art director for the project. Intranet won 1st place for art direction and user interface design at Knowledge Management World Conference.
– Department of Energy: Designed hi-fidelity prototypes, visual interfaces and navigation for Claims Management System used by DOE employees. Duties included conducting user interface testing with DOE employees and creating web enabled prototypes to provide to the development team.