RidePATH app is designed for the PATH Train commuter and works with iBeacon technology to send customers information in regards to train schedules, delays or any event that may impact commuters travel plans before they enter the fare zone. During the research phase of this project, a lot of time was spent studying and mapping the customer journey, working with our PATH focus group to identify their pain points along the journey and working with developers at PATH, in the Port Authority Technology Department and also with consultants from Microsoft to determine what technology was needed operationally and digitally.
We are extremely proud of our latest release which is the addition of Real-time Train Arrivals which was developed side-by-side with the brand new count down clocks we had installed on the platforms at all of our PATH stations.
Future enhancements of RidePATH will include:
- An integrated UI of schedule and real-time train data. Currently in the define/research phase of the Design Thinking process.
- Improved alert notifications which involve migrating alerts to new subscription service. Scheduled for 3rd quarter release.
- Addition of Advertising to improve foot traffic to Port Authority Tenants
- Offer travel tips to change consumer behavior to elevate overcrowding of stations during peak travel times, as well as to offer trip mitigation plans and incentives during PATH station summer construction.
- Integration of Apple Store and Google Play feedback to help increase app store ratings and to encourage customer feedback and app usage and retention. Scheduled for a mid-year release.
- Mobile ticketing and trip purchases. Scheduled for 2020
Real-Time Train Arrivals (Launched late February 2019)
RidePATH Favorite Station Onboarding Screen
Train Time Tables